Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I found some old sketches

I'll hopefully have some new work to put up soon, but in the mean time I found a few old pen and marker sketches from undergrad, when I was going through otherwise empty sketch books. I really need to use markers again, they are really fun.


After having brought around a sketchbook/journal for my spring break in Spain in 2008, and doing several drawings per day in it, I decided I wanted to do the same when I went to Nice for a the weekend. Unfortunately, this is the only sketch I got around to doing. It's of Plage Mala, the first beach of the weekend. For full immersion, play "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira on repeat for hours, because that's what the boat in the corner was doing. The sketch was done in micron pigment pens.



I probably drew toward at the end of sophomore year, in the spring of 2007. Possibly early junior year. It was in an old sketchbook I used for notes in an anatomy drawing class. Basically just a few quick marker sketches at the outside (read: free) part of the Boston Aquarium. Done with micron pigment pens and gray Prismacolor markers of varying opacity.



This was done around the same time as the previous sketch. It's from some random day when I was walking around Boston and decided to draw a duck from the Public Garden.

I'm not claiming these are great sketches, but I'm always excited when I find old sketches, and wanted to post something.

No comments:

Post a Comment